Made in North America, Summit's HC series under cabinet convertible range hoods offer versatile ventilation solutions for every kitchen space. Model HC20SS is a 20" wide range hood ideal for apartments and other smaller kitchens. It comes in a stainless steel finish with a horizontal grain constructed from 21 gauge galvanized steel for lasting durability. The powerful 2-speed fan is easily managed by a rocker switch with a high and low setting. This unit can operate at 200 CFM for thorough ventilation. Airflow is directed upwards at a slight angle, ensuring smoke and odors won't blow towards the home chef. This hood ships for ductless/recirculating ventilation (where no exhaust connection to the outside is available) but is convertible for horizontal or vertical ducted ventilation (3 1/4" x 10" rectangular ducting or 7" round, transition required). We include a combination aluminum mesh/charcoal filter to absorb grease, smoke, and odors. This unit accepts a standard light bulb (not included). Both the filter and lens cover snap in place, with no tools required to change out as needed. Note: this hood does not include a power cord and is designed to be hard-wired by a licensed professional. In addition to this range hood, Summit manufactures this series in additional colors, as well as shell hoods, wall-mounted European hoods, and island hoods in a range of styles. Browse the full Summit product line to explore your options.
- Low profile design offers classic style to finish your kitchen
- Sized for use over 20 inch cooking surfaces (additional sizes available)
- Can be used for ducted venting to the outside or recirculating ventilation where no external venting is possible
- Real stainless steel with a horizontal grain for a clean, professional look
- Ships pre-set for recirculating mode but can be converted in a few simple steps
- Can be connected to 3 1/4" x 10" vertical or horizontal exterior venting or 7" round vertical (transition required for both)
- Vents are set at a slight upwards angle, ensuring smoke and odors won't be directed towards the user
- Powder-coated finish over a 21 gauge steel design for lasting durability
- High and low setting to allow proper ventilation of your kitchen as needed
- Designed to hold a standard incandescent light bulb with easy installation and no tools required
- Aluminum filter includes charcoal filler to absorb smoke, grease, and odors for a cleaner kitchen experience
- Snap-in design allows you to easily remove the filter for fast replacing as needed
- Front-located on/off and high/low switches make it easy to manage the light and fan
- Designed to be hard-wired by a licensed professional
- TAA compliant
|Height of Cabinet
||5.5" (14 cm)
||20.0" (51 cm)
||20.0" (51 cm)
|US Electrical Safety
|Canadian Electrical Safety
||115 V AC/60 Hz
||11.0 lbs. (5 kg)
||14.0 lbs. (6 kg)
|Parts & Labor Warranty
|Number of Fan Speeds
|Maximum Air Movement
||3"1/4" x 10" rectangular or 7" round
Energy Star Rated:
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.